Just had my hottub delivered. It was way too big for the space.

When the rep came out initially, he measured the space and told us that the tub would fit with enough space to walk around the tub. Once the tub was placed there, the back of the tub was touching our deck rails and my electrician could not even manueuver his hand back there. I called our Rep to explain the situation and he told me to send him photos, which I did. I told him that we wanted it moved, since it did say in the contract that if a repair person couldn’t get to the tub, it would cost more money to repair it.

He said he would check with his manager and called me back, almost a week later. He said they could move the tub but I would have to pay for it to be moved. I said I wasn’t paying anything because he is the one who measured everything and told me it would fit in that space (which clearly it didn’t). He then said that we wanted it there.

I said “you are the hot tub expert. If you would have been honest and told us it wouldn’t fit on that area of the deck, we would have chosen another area.” When the movers came to put the tub on my deck, it wouldn’t fit through the walkway, which I was also told by this rep, it would fit. The movers had to hoist it up over my deck rails and said that the reps always say the tub will fit, when clearly it doesn’t.

Just wanted to warn people about this issue and make sure you ask for dimensions of the tub and basically measure it yourself. I have been horribly disappointed in the way I was treated, especially the rep trying to blame me for it not fitting properly, when he is the one who measured it and told us it would fit properly.

Review about: Thermospas Hot Tubs Hot Tub.

Comments

This same issue happened to a very close friend of mine. She is a senior citizen on a limited income and experienced almost the same exact issue.

Except the tub she purchased would not fit at all. Thermospas has refused to take the product back or give her the money back.

She has had to hire an attorney to rectify the situation. I believe the took advantage of her because she is elderly.

ThermoSpas
ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Verified Representative

Hello, I followed up with our Service Director today and see that we were able to provide service and that your concerns are reported as resolved. If there is anything else we can do, please call our Technical Support Team at 1-800-833-7727 (8 AM - 6 PM EST Monday-Friday, or 8 AM - 1 PM EST on Saturdays).

We're here to help! ~ Elle, ThermoSpas